The Coastal Ski and Outing Club is run by volunteers. Please consider what you could do to make the club even better!
You can reach any of the officers with an email to Coastalskiclub@gmail.com
President Elena Moglia
President Elect Judy Ombrello
VP Events Joe Calabretta
VP Administration Grey Culbreth
Treasurer Karen McCurry
Secretary Peggy Christie
Crescent Rep John Schwartz
Directors Pat Van
Annie Laurie Lehman
Past President Mary Alice Blackburn
Membership Mary Culbreth, Kathy Calabretta
Events Roseanne Maglione
Hospitality Linda Jones
Member Care Mary Ann Carruthers
Webmaster Kathy Britt
Photos Mary Culbreth
Book Club Judy Bledsoe & Faith Campbell
Trips John Schwartz
Nominations Mary Alice Blackburn
OUR CLUB ADVERTISERS
Please remember to use one of our advertisers when you need their services. Also, you can advertise for $110 per year which includes one club membership
COASTAL SKI & OUTING CLUB BYLAWS
Submitted by the Bylaws Committee: Elena Moglia, Peggy Christie, Mary Alice Blackburn
Adopted by the Board on: August 2, 2023
Approved by the Membership on: August 8, 2023 and supersedes all previous versions
SECTION 1 – PURPOSE OF COASTAL SKI & OUTING (CSOC)
The purpose of the Coastal Ski & Outing Club (CSOC) is to promote fun and fellowship and the sport of skiing among its members, as well as to plan social and recreational events for members. These Bylaws are designed to provide for the government of the Coastal Ski & Outing Club, to set standards for membership, and to establish responsibilities of the officers and committees of the club.
SECTION 2 - MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the club shall be composed of individuals, aged 21 or older, who pay the annual dues as determined by the Board. Individuals who join the club, in order to go on a trip, must join the club and pay dues. A member in good standing has been a member for at least 30 days, and has no unresolved issues of financial responsibility, or personal behavior, or any other dispute with CSOC. When participating in an event or activity sponsored by CSOC, members shall conduct themselves in a mature and responsible manner and follow all rules and/or policies associated with an event or activity. Members in good standing are also members of the Crescent Ski Council and are eligible to participate in Crescent Ski Council events.
Application for Membership
Membership in the club shall be made in writing and signed on an official club application form, accompanied by dues and fees. Applicants agree to observe and be governed by the Bylaws.
Waiver of Liability
All members shall acknowledge by signature on their club application form that they will participate in all CSOC sponsored events at their own risk. All participants (members and guests) agree to release and hold harmless CSOC, its Officers, the Board, Event/Trip Leaders or members for any accident or injury sustained during travel or other participation in any CSOC sponsored event.
Termination of Membership
The Board, by two-thirds (2/3) approval, may suspend or expel a member for just cause after an appropriate review. Just cause may include inappropriate behavior or the creation of a hostile environment caused by a member. CSOC’s President, a Vice President and the Secretary will conduct the review. Anything discussed in the review shall remain confidential. If a member is expelled from the club, that member’s dues for the current year, will be refunded in full and the member will be removed from all club publications, (i.e., roster, website, Facebook, email distribution list.
Prospective members may attend three (3) local club functions as guests; after which they are required to join the club and pay their dues in order to continue attending club functions. Any out-of-town club trip or event requires club membership in good standing. Guests are required to register for events and meetings.
SECTION 3 – MEETINGS
General membership meetings of CSOC shall be conducted monthly. Notification of location and time of meetings will be distributed to all members in a timely manner.
SECTION 4 – FISCAL YEAR AND DUES
The club’s fiscal year is June 1 through May 31. All membership dues expire at the end of each fiscal year. Annual dues are due and payable on June 1 and shall be in arrears if not paid by August 15, at which time those members will be removed from all club publications, (i.e., roster, website, Facebook, email distribution list, etc.). The amount of the annual dues shall be established by the Board.
SECTION 5 – GOVERNMENT
Board of Directors
Election and Qualifications
The elected positions shall be the President, President Elect, Vice President-Administration, Vice-President-Events, Treasurer, Secretary, and four (4) Directors. All these elected officers must be members in good standing and all except Directors and Secretary, must be a member for no less than 1 year.
In the event a vacancy occurs, in any office, for any reason, the replacement shall be nominated by the President and approved by the Board for the unexpired portion of the term.
SECTION 6 – COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSONS
SECTION 7 - Nominations and Election of Officers
The Nominating Committee is to present a slate of candidates for all elected positions to the Board at their March meeting. This proposed slate will be presented to the general membership in the April newsletter and at the April meeting. Nominations from the floor will be accepted at the April meeting, at which time nominations will be closed. The election will be conducted at the May membership meeting, after the slate of nominees is presented for the second time. A simple majority of members present will determine the results and the new officers assume office on June 1.
SECTION 8 - AMENDMENTS TO BYLAWS
Recommended amendments to these Bylaws may be submitted at any Board meeting. Any proposed amendment must be submitted in writing to each Board member at least 2 weeks prior to such meeting. Upon approval of the Board, the proposal shall be submitted to the general membership for approval.
SECTION 9 - OPERATIONS MANUAL
The Operations Manual consists of a description of duties for the various standing committees. Changes can be made to this Operations Manual through a simple approval of the Board.
Event Coordinators - (VP-Events duties are explained on Pg. 3)
Crescent Ski Council Representative
Member Care Committee
3. Creates and maintains members’ nametags and collects nametags at the end of meetings.
4. Prior to the start of the meeting, sets up table with nametags and membership information.
5. Greets guests and new members at the door at monthly membership meetings, introduces them to Hospitality member, and follows-up by letter within a month to invite guests to return.
2. Prepares a proposed slate of officers for the coming year and presents it to the Board at their March meeting.
3. Reads the slate of nominees to the general membership at the April meeting.
4. Conducts the election of officers at the May meeting under the leadership of the President.
5. Maintains the Book of Fame by ensuring by September a slate of candidates is created. Candidates will be nominated by October and the selected candidate will be chosen by the President and Nominations Chairman. The selected candidate will be announced at the November Thanksgiving party. Certificates will be issued and additions to the Book of Fame will be made at that time.
2. Completes a check request form to request deposits from the club, as may be required, (i.e., by travel agents, hotels, restaurants, etc.) to secure reservations.
3. Determines trip price and sets budget for food and other incidentals.
4. Makes lodging reservations (i.e., house or hotel) for participants.
5. Makes event reservations (i.e., white water rafting, boat rentals, golf tee times, etc.)
6. Maintains a participant list, sets up a waiting list if necessary.
7. Sets up room assignments.
8. Sets up carpools for drivers and riders.
9. Assure that participants complete and sign a Trip Form.